Monday, January 3, 2011

(Angelina's sparkler doughnut cake and FABULOUS dress) (Attempting to get Michael to take a serious picture) (My two Norwegian friends Ingrid and Tuva- miss you guys so much!!!) (Justin and Ryan) (Alice, Me, Ashleigh and Michael aka the best roomies ever- Matt )
My last night at UniCentral was truly bitter sweet. We all gathered in the pavilion for Angelina's birthday and I had to say my last goodbyes early since I was leaving a week before everyone else to go to New Zealand! Here are some pictures from the night. In the first picture you may notice Angelina wearing a gorgeous dress which has quite a fun story. In Sydney just days before her birthday Angelina and I went searching through the city to find her the perfect birthday dress. We saw this one and it fit perfectly however it was a tad bit out of her price range. She decided to move on but I could tell she had her heart set on this one. We left Sydney with no luck finding a dress and Angelina bummed. HOWEVER the day before her birthday, Tuva Ingrid and I went to the mall to look for her presents and what do you know, sitting in a store a whole lot cheaper and only one in her size left, the dress! I snatched it up and bought it telling the clerk how my best friend had really wanted it etc. etc. so she was very excited to be selling it to me. Literally minutes later in another store, Angelina surprises us. I threw the dress into my bag and spent the next hour watching her try on dress after dress. Tuva Ingrid and I lied shamelessly through our teeth saying how each one didn't fit right or was too expensive or wasn't the right color knowing the perfect one was in my purse. We were so close to making it out of the mall alive when we walked past the store and what do you know, she sees it. She ran over and the lady in the store immediately recognized me. Angelina was really disappointed when she realized they didn't have her size and the lady in the store almost burst pretending to be sad. We left the store unscathed and were literally on our way out when I realized I needed to get stamps on the floor above us. I told the girls to wait there and ran upstairs. I was literally gone for maybe 7 minutes and I came back and Angelina had bought a really cute but really expensive white dress. HOW THIS HAPPENED I HAVE NO IDEA. I shot Tuva and Ingrid a "you two are the worst sidekicks ever!" look and we left the mall. Later that night I snuck into Angelina's room and hid the dress in her closet. I told her to go try her new dress on and then waited for the scream. She found the red one in her closet and I was pretty proud of myself for pulling off the greatest secret ever. Needless to say she looked gorgeous.

No comments: